Saturday 28 June 2008

Friday nights.

Had quite a busy week in work. They did an aptitude test for all aplicants for the supervisors position and unlike previous companys I've worked for it was actually based on the stuff that you should know and use in your day to day payroll stuff. 

I had one once where they expected you to know, with no recourse to books, about the intricacies of national insurance details for share cropping fishermen. Hmmm. 

Anyways they were impressed with how much I'd picked up since I'd only been there a few months but someone else got the job. And rightly so I should add, I wasn't expecting it and I'm probably not quite ready for it yet. Give it a year or so and we'll see where we are. 

Anyways, I'd had my eye on a foldable keyboard to use with my phone, I'd saved up the £20 it cost to find it had nearly doubled in prce in 4 weeks.

"Screw that" I thought, what else can I do with the cash. In the end I decided to take Em out for a few pints and we had such a great night together. We disscussed everything from politics, through gender preference out into string theory. It was wonderful. 

It reminded me of my first speech as a married man where I expounded on our first date being all about the brains. And it reminded me (as if I needed reminding) why I committed myself to this woman for the rest of my time on this earth.

Bit soppy I know but thats how I feel.

That and slightly hungover but that should come as a surprise to no man. 

Camping today, just hope the weather holds!

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...