Thursday 18 June 2009

Bad of the minton

We play badminton regularly and tonight was one of those nights that remind me why.

We play on thursday with a mixed ability group which most times gives an uneven balance which is nice because no-one takes it seriously. Well, apart from She-who-must-not-be-named , see Llions blog for details.

However, tonight we had a brilliant match-up for our third game which meant I was trying my hardest but still having a good amount of banter with the opposition. It really made my night fantastic and reminded me why I really enjoy playing.

It can really be like a chess game sometimes, actually probably more like Poker. I can anticipate the move that my opponent is going to make and try to counter it by my body placement on court. But sometimes they can throw out a total wildcard and leave you looking like a right numpty.

Actually that happens more than I'd like to admit.....

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...