Saturday 21 August 2010

Here be Tangents!


Its been an odd week. in the space of 3 days we went from 'no-ones looked at our house in months' to 'We've sold our house and are buying a gorgeous place in Denbigh' to'The goits have pulled out and now we're back where we started'.

It was a funny old time. To have your dreams pulled out from under you like that was very cruel. but at least it was at the start of the process and not as has just happened to our friends, one week before completion.

I'm ready to move now please. Theres nothing wrong with this house its cosy and big enough for us . but we both know that we can't take it any further. Em has told me on more thn one occasion its a house and not a home. I disagree but that's because I've always had her here with me so my home is with her where-ever she may be (bleugh! sorry I'm feel a bit soppy today).

Anyways we're back where we started with a house no-one wants and unable to move without the capital invested in it. We could retn this place out and buy the nice place in denbigh. We do actually have enough money to do that but with the proposed ublic sector worker cuts one of us may loose our job and then we would be scrwed.

BTW why is it that the private sector fuck-up the economy and the public sector takes the hit for it? Just thinking outloud. Oh, and why has no one pointed out the millions if not billions spent fighting a fake war in the middle east might have had a small contributory factor to our economic decline? Or do I not understand economics to get why no one else has made the correlation.?

Woo hoo! Rambly soapbox morning! Anyway back to houses. We're fine where we are but occasionaly it gets to me that I'm still in Rhyl. I know Denbigh is hardly the paragon of quiet living, but it is a metric tonne better than Rhyl. I found out last night that someone got beaten up for being Gay in Rhyl not 2 weeks ago. It makes me very sad and not a little angry to think that kind of thing is going on. I keep thinking we're evolving as a species and then some backwards fucktard does something like that.

Tangent again. Sorry about that.

Anyways we've got a very quiet weekend planned just going out for a meal tonight with some of ems friends, and thats about it. so I'm going to spend some time writing and reading, and not buying the new lara croft game. It's £10 and I will be able to affrod it next friday with the money I specifically put aside for books and Cds and other ephemera. £5 a week for my fun fund seems to be the right way to do things. Espically as I'm spending over £40 a week on fuel at the moment.

Anyways, we will move eventually, but I had made so many plans that crashed to dust the second they pulled out of the house buying.

Dreams on hold but not dead. Never dead.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Urm, what makes you think the private sector has not been hit? Thousands of people made redundant and many businesses going bust.

And no, the private sector was most definitely not to blame.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry? The private sector was not to blame? Really?

Why is most of blame for the currnt finacial meltdown placed at the feet of the banks?

Anonymous said...

Because the banks lent to each other, so once one went bust it was like a house of cards. This led to the credit crunch - when banks stopped lending to each other. That is the simplistic answer :-)

Anonymous said...

Wasn't so much lending to each other as the toxic loans and ridiculous credit they gave to all and sundry. I had friends who worked for a high street bank that would specfifcally target 18 year olds for 10 grand plus loans even though they didn't currently have a job.

I still fail to see how the public sector contributed to this.

Anyway, maybe this is a conversation best had face to face and possibly with a pint or three.

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...