Thursday 28 July 2011

Atlantic Drift.

Why is that that even if I know a deadline is looming I‘ll just ignore it until it’s snuck up on me, jumped on my back and started beating me around the head with its shoe whilst screaming down my ear?

I don’t even work better under pressure, I WORK under pressure sure, but that only because the alternative is giving up on the ridiculous dream of ever being a writer and burying myself in spilt cheesy Doritos crumbs whilst I vegetate on the couch watching yet another tedious US drama* purely from having nothing else to do.

I just need to organise my free time a bit better and spend more time writing reading and playing the flute and less time on the XBOX/internet/yawning through detritus brought over on the Atlantic drift.


(Please note The Wire, Mad Men, Justified, HIMYM and Burn Notice, amongst others, do not constitute tedious US drama being imaginative, superbly written and filmed with the kind of care and attention usually only given to new born babies. Basically if it involved some form of contrived elite crime fighting team, hired for their looks rather than acting ability, whose cases rarely last longer than an hour minus time for advert breaks it’s not going to be worthwhile watching. You may enjoy it, you may even like it but it won’t be good for you in the long run. It’s Junk Food TV.)

1 comment:

Awesome Wez said...

I take your point about American TV, but ultimately they're kicking our arses when it comes to producing quality content. Sure, every so often we produce a Sherlock or a Luthor, but for the most part it's Cowell owned (or inspired) "talent" shows, reality TV or soaps.

A sorry state of affairs.

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...