Sunday 17 February 2008

HAVE YOU SEEN OUR VIEW??????

I will, if I may, eulogize about yesterday being as it was one of my favorite saturdays.

It totally re-ignited my desire to spend all my free time in the countryside. There was not a single cloud in the sky, as em and I left Rhyl for destinations unknown. we stopped in Betws y coed and had an awesome fried breakfast and I managed to get a new goretex waterproof for forty of your english pounds!!! I was prepared to pay an extra hundred quid on top of that. It was then on to Anglesey where what confronted us was a beach of rare beauty with the sun bright but not too strong. It was absolute heaven. we stayed for a few hours, came home and went straight to the pub were we sat talking for about four or five hours and Em totally cured my narrative block with Switch number 3. I had one of those moments that I actually write for. Em said a simple sentence, the planets aligned and the scales fell from my eyes showing me how easy the thing I had considered so complicated before.

Then after me bouncing around the room in an embarrassing fashion full of the fizz of invention we went home watched a club rugby game and ate posh hot-dogs with home-brew until it was time to sleep.

If I could have one day to live over and over again in a groundhog day sty-lee, it would be that one (or my wedding day, I'm not fussy!)


(N>B> Blogger seems to be having a brain fart so the photos from today are at flikr the links on the left there. Don't be shy!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welsh pounds surely???

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...