Saturday 9 February 2008

As long as we beat the English.......




Morning!

What a great weekend we had last week.

For those unaccustomed to Rugby I have to point out we do not *hate* England. They are the yardstick by which we measure our own level of achievement, they are the team to beat, the Yankees if you will. Some fans take this whole us against the english thing to darn far but for me I want to see a strong powerful England. And then I want to see wales smash them.

So thats was saturday afternoon and we followed our astounding victory with a pub crawl around Denbigh which was actually great fun, some nice pubs there, some not so nice ones but thats to be expected! Sunday I sat up with a friend and watched the Superbowl whilst he explained the intricasies of the NFL to me. Its actually a very interesting game blending power and skill in equal measure. I think a lot of people are put of by 'stoppages' but really there aren't that many. I really enjoyed the game and the fact is was won in the last minute of time with and incredible display of skill also helps!

Monday was a recovery day and then on tuesday I scored at five aside! I should point out I play way way back in defence and in three years of playing I've taken about two or three strikes on goal and this one went in. I couldn't actually belive it in fact I may have been a little embarassing! whoops.

Anyway I had to celebrate somehow.

Wednesday saw Cloverfield at the cinema, I can't reccomend it enough. its a superbly thought out and well made movie but may induce motion sickness in those prone to it.

Thursday played some of the best badminton of my life and then played like crap last night but thats okay. Because today is Wales v Scotland both teams with something to prove and it should be a good match up!

Laters!

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...