Wednesday 23 March 2011

Farm Holiday 2011!

Staying at our friends farm this week and last, which has been a breath
of clean fresh air. The cats are still lovely and crazy by turns
although they seem to have warmed to both Em and I even more so than
last time. I think two weeks of constant feeding has softened Bateman
to the point where she doesn't actively despise me. Ackbar is very
affectionate when she gets to know you to the point she's actually a
little aggressive about it. she'll jump up and you'll pet her whilst
you're watching TV or whatever and she gradually climb up on you until
she's nose to nose with you all the time purring as if to say "PAY ME
ATTENTION!". It's really sweet.

I have actually decided on a nickname for the other supersweet cat. her
nightly serenades to us behind a closed door have earnt her the moniker
Pavarotti, not that she is overweight in any way but the singers most
famous recording "Nessun Dorma" is Italian for "None shall sleep". (I
told you my nicknames were cruel!) Actually just a few reassuring words
and she quietens down fine.

We're having a very relaxing time of it but we had Phil Amanda Jack and
Hugh visit us a couple of times on this trip. It was fabulous to see
them and to see how happy the two boys are and how similar they are in
personality and temperament to Phil and I, or at least how we were when
we were their age.

They came up to the farm and had great fun running around on the lawn
and up and down the drive. Also it turns out that Bateman, who's at
best indifferent to adults LOVES kids. She had a great time chasing
around with them! Just goes to show never judge a psycho by its black,
white and orange fur.

We went on the steam train in Porthmadog with them as well which was
good fun. I had a little moment when Jack was sitting next to me and
Phil and I tried to switch places and Jack said "I want to sit next to
Uncle Rob!". Awwwwwwwwww. (Maybe its the American accent that's just
too cute for words!)

Anyway all is well and I pick up my bike tonight so I'm very much
looking forward to getting some proper biking done. It would be a
travesty to live this close to the mountains and not do some proper
biking.

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...