Friday 19 October 2007

the sweet sweet smell of....


..A day off! Woo!

One of my old school friends is getting hitched today and I've had to take the day off. I mean I could have gone to work early as the ceremony starts at 4:00PM but I thought sod it, I'll have a long weekend to recover.

Caroline and Steve are great individually but together they do make the perfect couple. Anyone that spends any time around them can see exactly how their dynamic works and its really a beautiful thing. I couldn't be more chuffed for them knowing how much happiness my own marriage has brought me.

We went out for a chinese meal on wednesday as a little stag/hen do type thing for them and I was sitting around a table with the same people I sat around a table in the sixth form common room and it did not feel in the least bit weird. Its lovely when you can stay in touch with people that mean a lot to you. It hapens very rarely so when it does hold on to it for all you're worth!

Passed my Exam resit. I say pass. I think 81% counts as slightly more than a pass. In fact it proved what I knew all along. My tutor didn't doesn't and will never know her arse from her elbow. This was the exam I previously failed by a couple of percent and she missed clear marks that were on the paper and when I called her on it she blew me off with some pathetic excuse.



You can insult my knowledge of football, film, computers, rugby, anything you like and I'll take that info on board and try to improve. But don't tell me I know nothing about payroll when I live breath and eat it.

This has been a public service message brought to you by the number 5 and the letter §.

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...