Monday 5 May 2008

Switch -Small Change


I find a lot of stories come from the distillation of several small items or thoughts coming together and mixing in just the right way

Small Change by Tom Waits is one of my favorite of his early songs. He really paints pictures of the underbelly of american city life and that put me in the mood of someone who would do anything to anyone for money

Add in Paris we went into a small bar for a coffee and a quick sit down and there were people their that looked like they spent all day just sat in the same seat watching the horse racing on these tiny TVs and I got thinking who would stay in the same crappy bar all day? there had to be something else going on.

Combine that with the documentary on Sumo I saw a few weeks before and you have this piece.

Its not ace but I've been clearing through some of the writing I've got on this computer and I found this and another piece Id swear I never written. I'm not going to publish that because its basically switch told from a different perspective but some of the details are totally different and I have to keep the continuity pure at least!

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...