Thursday 29 May 2008

Weekend!

Had a superb weekend DAAAAWNNNNN SAWWWWWFFFFF. Drove down on the Saturday morning after beating my own record time for packing (13.5 minutes for a weekend trip). Met up with part of the family for a pre Sunday party shindig, a family warm-up if you will. Wez and my sister (The legends) arrived along with My brother and Amanda (The American heart of our little family) Wheeling in the cutest thing that ever drew breath.

It's true. I'm pleased to announce that we can call off the search for the cutest baby of all time. You might think you're in contention with your awards, medals and or Nappy/Diaper advert babies, but this is a kid whose sheer physical presence bends space-time around him until you are helpless in his thrall of gorgeousness.

Full credit to Phil and Amanda not only have they brought up a serious cutesy-pie, he's also probably the best behaved baby I've ever met! (Actually at 10months old is he officially a toddler now? I'm so unsure of my infant chronology.) He was surrounded by gurgling adults and it didn't even phase him at all. He was playing laughing just cruising along quite happily as if he renders a room of hardened adults to Jelly every day, which I suppose he must do


It is so ALL about Jack.


So after a superb meal of curry and two puds (Well it would be rude not to,) at Chris and Judy's we headed to the hotel at about 10PM to find a Salsa club in full swing.

Banish from your thoughts men with goatees hanging around bowls of serious tomato-based dip, debating the merits of scotch bonnet over jalapeño peppers. This was the dancing club at the end of the midlife crisis rainbow. About forty or fifty overweight, over-forty's throwing themselves around the room with the grace and abandon of a tap-dancing Walrus. We secured a table in the bar as far away from the clattering Hippopotami as possible and re-mortgaged the house to pay for a round of drinks. (£3.50 a pint? Is this how they're cracking down on binge drinking? Making it impossible to have more than two pints without having a second income?)

However after a few more rounds of overpriced bitter we were feeling a bit more well disposed to the dancers, especially when they shared their buffet with us. I say shared, I mean "Rob and Wez went on a ninja buffet run and snarfed butties and some crisps for the group."

Sleep came easy that night, then up for a Herculean breakfast and off to the village hall where we celebrated my Great Aunt Rita's 80th birthday. It was lovely to see branches of the family I don't get to see very often including various Cousins and uncles and my Godmother.

My Gran had three kids, my mum and two uncles, and when we were growing up all the kids of the three siblings used to hang out quite a bit, It was very rare for us not to spend a week or so in a year together. Now we're all grown up (physically if not mentally in my case) we don't get to do it that often. So it was great to catch up with everyone and meet George, my Cousin once removed I think. He's the son of my cousin so whatever that makes him. George is also gorgeous, possibly the second cutest baby in the world, He's certainly the UK title holder.(Two cute babies, one extended family? I have a feeling the next baby will have to be a munter, just to even out the averages.)

So with the festivities over it was back the hotel and the incredibly pricey bar and a few rounds of three card brag before heading back up the country to Wales.

A superb weekend all told and one I'm going to remember for a very long time!

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...