Saturday 17 May 2008

a break.

Had a bit of a mad one in work this week. I did 19.5 hours work on the first two days in to get this payroll out on time. No one has phoned up telling me it was screwed up so I must have got it mostly right. They've got his empowerment thing going on in work now which is actually good. It means I feel personally responsible for something. If any small part of it goes wrong I know its my fault, sounds bad hunh? But it actually works because it makes you super careful. Its actually quite liberating. Also when things go tits up, as they do, the blame isn't handed around. We calmly look at things that go wrong and reassess how we're putting them together. I work for actual people now rather than the corporate automatons at my previous position. its lovely to be able to be human and to make errors without fear of being slung out on my ear. Its through our mistakes that we learn.

However you do get some people who phone in week after week complaining about their pay when they've screwed it up themselves and refuse to do anything about it. You'd think after the third successive month of them mucking it up they'd take notice of what you're telling them, but no. So anyway that was my week mired in work, Listening to the enemy and elbows new albums.

What have you been up to?

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...