Sunday 23 November 2008

Curry morning


This week, I have been mainly flooping around on the ukele.

Yes, I know what you're thinking, but in my defence I'm not trying to learn how to play hawaiian songs whilst wearing a grass skirt. Although if I was, for authenticity I would be forced to put on a couple of stone.

I just find it kinda fun. I had an acoustic guitar when I was young and I found it a bit intimidating, six strings instead of four and very loud if you pluck a bit harder than you meant to. The Uke is just a bit of fun, although bizarrely enough it has got my writing poetry/lyrics again. No. I will not be publishing/inflicting them on you. They are very personal and I remember when one of my work colleagues found a scrap of paper I'd been doodling some lyrics on. The shame I felt was worse than anything else I could imagine. Because they are so personal to me, it would be like showing you a photo of me naked. Which no-one wants.

Anyways thats enough of the disturbing imagiary for one day....

Made a serious curry last night. Well, I actually made it in the morning and ate it at about 7-ish due to the magic that is the slow cooker. Raw Chicken, Raw onion, two tins of tomatoes a pint or so of stock and a good spoonful of curry paste left in the slow cooker for about ten hours on low made the most delicious curry which really cheered me up after our loss to New Zealand. We played well in the first half but they throttled the game in the second and finished us off. Hey ho. We were expecting to lose and we made it very difficult for them. I did enjoy the game though and it would have been a cracker for a neutral to watch. Our response to the hakka was breathtaking. But thats enough of that.

Today my plan is to get the house straight, do a bit of washing amd try and get some writing done. Althought I'll probably prevaricate so much that I won't do any. Hey ho.

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...