Sunday 16 November 2008

"Say cheese!"










Made me laugh anyways.

Another successful weekend but last week was a serious stress-fest. I came back in on the monday to find that everyone had had to come in that Saturday and sunday to catch up with the work I hadn't done due to being on leave. 

Its no-ones fault really but I felt kinda guilty which was compounded by not being available this weekend to come in. Sometimes I feel like I'm letting people down by not being available but I had very little notice about working yesterday and I had already arranged for a night out to watch the rugby (A win but with a disappointing performance) and a late saturday morning recovering at a friends.

I did say if they were working Sat afternoon or the sunday or next weekend even I'd be more than happy to come in. I don't want people to feel I'm taking the mickey but I do get to thinking that thats the impression I'm giving off. I hope not. Its one of the best places I've worked for atmosphere and there not a single person in an office of twelve I don't actively like and enjoy spending time with.

How often can you say that? The last time I had that atmosphere was working in baa-bar in Liverpool and even then there were certain employees that I'd rather not talk to. 

Anyways, not much happened during the week mainly because of all the overtime I was putting in, but saturday night we watched Wales v Canada at Andys and then went for a few pints at the Hope and Anchor in Denbigh. They had a kind of open mic night for musicians going on and some of them were okay, some just butchered popular songs in a X-factor style. One girl thought that the key to singing well was to sing the same note over and over again with just a mild bit of variation and warble. She could sing that note very very well, but it does jar a little after a few hours. 

Saturday morning was time for a breakfast at a cafe we know where they serve EXACTLY the right amount of food for a breakfast, Its not a place where they try to fill an entire plate and force you to eat it, they serve all the good stuff but in a portion the right size for a slightly sour stomach. We looked at a house outside of St Asaph which was, to be fair, a Shit-hole but a shit-hole with a gorgeous view. Not worth £135,000 thought especially with all the damp, mildew and the fact it needed a new roof and damp coursing doing. 

Then it was straight to the couch where I'm happy to report we sat for the rest of saturday, Watching all of season 2 of heros, which was pretty good, then getting up to date with season 3 (awesome) and watching last man standing (the series not the bruce willis movie) where they were doing archery in butan. 

It was great to have a day off but it did make me realise that it would be so easy to just spend all my free time doing precisely that. Just sitting on my arse and being entertained. Its alright for a day off but I think I'm going to try and do other things more. If we only get one shot at life I need to be able to look back and have more than just happy memories of sitting on a couch and being entertained. I privately mock people who do nothing but watch soaps and C-lebrity programs but how different is what I do myself? The programs may be different but my interaction with them is exactly the same (i.e. none). I live vicariously through other people in just the same way. Does it really matter whether its in Albert Square or Gotham city?

So anyway not saying I'm going to change my life or anything but its just a realisation that sitting on the couch vegetating should occupy less of my time. 

Going to sort out the entire house today, think of it as 'autumn-cleaning', by the time we're finished I'll deserve the sweet solace of my couch!

Laters

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...