Friday 20 March 2009

day off Woot!

Ahhhhhhhh. A day off with few plans is a rare and tasty luxury. I'd saved up a day and a half in flexi leave and Em and I have decided to take some time off to get the house in order and prepare for our epic trip to the americas!

Been a very very busy week trying to get the work in shape for everyone else to deal with whilst I'm away.

Conwy comes alive when the suns out and its been positivily teeming. Its nice to see the streets that have been so empty over the winter start to fill up again. Although I'm sure I'll get bored of all the touroids soon enough. Espically if they keep feeding the darn seagulls!

I don't know what they've been feeding them on but some of these gulls are about the size of Highland terriers with a brain one tenth the size. I had my lunch knocked out of my hand the other week by one of these mutts of the sky. It dived screaming,onto my hand in the manner of a World war 2 Stukka and knocked the delicious pie straight to the floor. I flapped ineffectually at it and stomped off in a huff, friends of mine haven't been so lucky. One family member still has a bad neck from when a seagull mugged her from behind for her ice cream.

So the message here is DONT feed the seagulls, unless you're feeding them antifreeze laced chips.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn those toroids!!!!!

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...