Saturday 22 May 2010

The 2010 Bimble : Sunday


Miles :7
Start: Gravesend
End: Gravesend


Had an excellent chill out morning with Jane and Wez with breakfast butties and episodes of How I met your Mother. Then we went to Jake and Lauras house to meet the latest addition to their family, Daisy their daughter. She's absolutely lovely and has a really good temperament even I didn't scare her too much.

I'm very afraid when people hand me their kids to hold. I haven't really had much experience with Kids, I mean, I used to be one but I don't think that counts in the grand scheme of things. I don't understand when they start crying, it make me think that its me making them uncomfortable which makes me uncomfortable which makes them more uncomfortable etc etc etc

Laura and Jake are great though, you'd think they've been doing this years. When I mentioned this to them Jake indicated to me that it already felt like it had been forever but he wouldn't change a thing!

We talked for nigh on twelve hours and had a great laugh. They always much us feel so welcome so included that its always a joy coming this far south.

After much pizza and beer we headed back to the house ready for the next day and the start of the bimble proper.

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...