Thursday 27 September 2007

Its been a while...


Hiya!

So it was Septemeber the 18th last time I updated properely which is nearly ten days ago!

What wonders I must have seen! What things I must have experienced!

Well, actually I've been pretty ill. A cold/flu thing that made me feel like I was about to lose my entire bodyweight in sweat and nose gunk, but I'm sure you don't want to hear that. I came back to work after the rugby with a sore throat I blamed on singing land of my fathers at the top of my voice. I'm so naive sometimes. I had been chosen as the host form of the father of all colds, yea the template, the arch-cold to which all lesser colds must pay homage.

So through the fug of the cold I had to say goodbye to all my work colleages. That was a strange experience. I had been at the old place for nigh on four years which I think is the longest time I've been in one place excepting for school. I sent an open invite to the pub this friday night we'll have to see who's able to make it and who wants to indeed. One of my close friends at work left two weeks ago so its starting to feel like the end of an era. I don't regret going, I think it was my time to move on. I just hope the new job is everything its cracked up to be.

So said "Goodbye Everybody!" on wednesday then jetted off to Cardiff on the Thursday with Andy Llion and Vicky, to watch Wales spank Japan which was actually good fun, then headed out into Cardiff proper. Note to self, the jukebox in the Queens Vaults is possibly the best in the city.

Got nicely drunk again, which did my cold no end of good, had a truly awful breakfast which everyone else really rated making it much much worse. Did some hungover shopping which is never a good idea and then caught the train home. All good.

Saturday I traveled with my wife and mother to London where Jane and Wez were having an engaement party. Met some fantastic people. When you start having a random chat with a drunk twenty year old and he annouces his favourite Stones song is "Gimmie Shelter" its hard not to give him a big manly hug. The kids are alright.

Got into random film chat which spun off into religion and nobody got upset or throwing fatwas around so that's got to be a good thing. Jane and wezs friends and family are all lovely which shows excellent taste on their part. We stayed with Paula and Joan who are just the most lovely couple EVER! the day after the party my uncle pete brought down our wedding video and everyone was in tears. With emotion at first and then at the sheer quality of Eds best man speech. It was totally superb.

Came home on the sunday on a bus from Crewe to chester with a bunch of drunk football fans. It was hard not to feel threatened but thats the way it goes I suppose. They didn't do anything just chanted (I couldn't use the word 'sung') obscene football songs and made everyone feel very uncomfortable. Thats the real difference between football and rugby. The violence in rugby is all on the pitch, supervised so the supporters don't feel the need to kill each other as battle has already been done on the turf. Football is, to be frank, a game for girly girls and their girly boys so the fans seem to feel the need to fight for the honour of the overpaid ballet dancers who kicked a ball around for a bit.

(I actually play football but I wouldn't bother watching it on TV anymore, but thats a post in and of itself.)

So then we hit this week of leisure, monday was all about the housework and buying a few bits and pieces for starting work on 1st October. Tuesday was kind of a dead loss, Yesterday Em took off so we spent most of the day being lazy and then I jetted off to my own exclusive premier of HAlo 3.

Now listen, if you like games Halo, 3 is okay. But the way its being presented on TV is this new thing that will get everyone into games.

No.

It does what it does very well but we have seen it all before many many times before (Return to castle wolfenstein anyone?).

I had a good laugh with my gaming mates, teaming up and taking on the baddies but thats all it really was. The online play was quite fun, but we had to mute everyone that wasn't in the room with us. There only so many times you can hear yourself being described as some who has intimate relations with donkeys by a person whose testicles are yet to descend.

Anyway thats you upto speed. peace out.

1 comment:

DoubleL said...

Actually the BBC presented Halo 3 in the same way you did. They went on about how it's the biggest thing this year. But then cut to Wii Sports saying that the Wii has been far more popular amongst non-gamers than anyone expected.

Halo 3 is better than I thought, but it will never live up to the hype.

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...