Tuesday 18 September 2007

long day.

Yesterday was a very, very long day. After a night of rugby, beer and random chats with Ulster fans in an all night kebab shop Sunday night I hit the hay at about 11PM only to be rudely awakened by by alarm a scant 5 hours later. Let me assure you that my blood was still rich with Brains extra cold, Donner kebab and some sweet sticky liquor that was forced upon me and into my digestive system.
 
So I boarded the train at 5AM still reeling with the bonhomie of the night before. A four hour train journey later I was ready for the longest day of work ever.
 
To say I was less than productive would be an understatement. After my lunch break they had to poke me with a stick to rouse me from my lunchtable slumber.
 
For weird reasons I had to be in the office but I made it abundantly clear that I would be in cold turkey from a weekend of joyous hedonistic experience.
 
Cardiff was, as ever, an epic experience. The streets teemed with laughter, impromptu touch rugby games and a friendliness that the soccer authorities can only dream of.
 
And I get to go back on Thursday for the Wales Japan game.
 
Hopefully my throat, red raw with singing, will have recovered by then!


This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...