Saturday 3 January 2009

A collection of random thoughts from a random brain.


New years was spent in the now traditional fashion of a big eatery/drinkery/laughery at My In-laws. We sit around and make each other laugh for a few hours, ring in the new year, have a couple more hours of hilarity and then go to bed. Its not the white hot dynamic explosive celebration of new years past but its exactly what I want.

Back to work yesterday and its very strange to be back caring about stuff I'd forgotten for a fortnight or so. It makes you realise that what ever you achieve at work its still work its not for your own benefit.( Apart from financially of course).

But it was nice to see everyone at work, they had a fairly standard xmas/new years, which is nice.

BTW I know I'm about 6 months behind everyone else but I solidly recommend the new Kings of Leon album Only by the Night. I haven't really rated their stuff before but this is a solid album from start to finish not just a couple of singles plus a load of filler.

Rejoined the gym, which lets face it was about time. It's odd that I haven't been there in a good couple of years but it still smells exactly the same. the stale odour of old exercise and new air conditioner. It was good to get in there and sweat though. Some proper exercise was what I was crying out for. I play badminton a lot but thats explosive anaerobic exercise not sustained effort which is what I really need.

Right I'm off to make this weekends loaf as we're having a quiet one at home and mums this weekend as next weekend is the pure beautiful madness of my Sisters wedding in Maidstone.

Happy weekend Internets!

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...