Saturday 31 July 2010

RESCUE CHICKENS TO THE... urm..., RESCUE?


Ahhhhh.... Breakfast today was a fresh baked loaf from 'Taylor's Family Bakery' (Hand-made, none of this bread making machine business) fresh layed eggs from our friends rescue chickens (that should definitely be a TV movie "Rescue Chickens save Easter!") and a steaming pot of fresh coffee.

Ahhh coffee.

Not that I mean to go on about coffee but it really is my drug of choice these days. Many people would consider that to be beer or whisky but I drink beer once or twice a week and whisky once or twice a month. Its true I have a good whisky collection but the bottle I'm four good drams away from finishing I started in September. In my experience alcoholics rarely have a good collection for longer than a week or two (depending on if they use mixers or not).

I gave up smoking properly( apart from the odd cigar) just before or exactly on my first date with Em. This was back in the near pre-history when you could still smoke in pubs and dinosaurs roamed the earth. I got through a 10 pack of Marlborough lights whilst having a the most insane fabulous conversation with someone whose opinion and tastes I would come to adore and love over the following weeks, months, years. The fact that she put up with me smoking for the the first date kinda says to me that she felt something too.

Anyway I digress, as I do when I'm talking about my most favourite person. The smoke that I filled the air with was rich Virginian tobacco which probably smelt foul to anyone else but to me it was okay.

I was running today and nearly every person I passed was sucking on one of these cheap-ass half-tobacco half-sawdust brands that smell like Satan singeing his armpit hair. Seriously. If you can't afford to smoke proper cigarettes then you can't afford to smoke.

Anyway rambling over. Weekend Ho!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You couldn't afford to smoke either ;-)

Sharrow said...

I know, but I'm a snob now. Sorry, more of a snob now.

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...