Wednesday 1 August 2007

response and responsibility


due to illness and holidays I've been in charge of the payroll for the last three days and quite frankly even though its quiet season its scary being ultimately responsible. I'm certainly not paid enough for what they're expecting and I don't think my manager is paid enough for her job!


Anyways aside from that everything's okay, the final preparations are going in for the wedding, I never realised when you see couples in deep and meaningful discussions about the colour of the bridesmaids dress EXACTLY matching that of the rose worn by the best man that its actually a displacement activity. If you're as well organised as I think you need to be, with this short amount of time to go, you'll do anything to avoid actually thinking about the wedding itself.

Reading that back it make it sound like I'm unsure about the wedding and I'm not. Its just everything is getting a little close right about now!

Anyway here's a picture of the hotel we're staying in on Honeymoon. The reviews say its a bit noisy but its right in the centre of Paris so you can't really avoid that! I think earplugs are the order of the day, and if not a couple extra bottles of the Vin de table should sort you right out!

Been a funny old week. I've started a brand new writing project that I've been aching to try out for years now but still haven't finished Switch part five even though the bare bones have been lying there waiting for weeks now. The mood will strike me soon and I'll finish it, which would be good as I've already got the beginings of the second episode playing out in my head.

1 comment:

Phil said...

You're right about your wedding - it is just around the corner. It dawned on me last night that in three weeks I'll be on the airplane heading over.

I'll have a gin & tonic for you.....

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...