Saturday 11 August 2007

aaaaaah Saturdays.


I love me some early saturday mornings!

When I lived in Atlanta I'd get up about 6 or 7ish, grab a coffee and sit out on the veranda overlooking the wooded area at the rear of the house. I'd smoke and lose myself in the world coming alive around me. All the strange bird song and animal noise would just calm me.

And then of course the neighbours starting waking up and turning on raidios and cars and all the other noise pollution. but for a while for half an hour each day, the world was mine.

Works been good, now I've got tentative leave date I know what I'm working towards. I could have said "Screw you guys! I'm leaving then and I don't care what you think!" but that would have made me the bad guy. They asked if I could leave a week after I'm meant to so I can help run the payrolls through in September. I think its only fair. Also a number of people that have used the oppourtunity of leaving the company to tell the bosses and everyone exactly what they think of them and then been on the phone a month or two later begging for their job back. They're so suprised when the people they annouced were douchebags won't rehire them.

Had a night night last night, some friends came around to sample our homebrew which we concluded needs another week or so to attenuate. Luckily though they'd brought some of their own, its really really good stuff for homebrew, not too strong not too fizzy just really pleasant drinking. I made chilli (without beans of course) and we played on the wii. All in all a successfull night!

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...