Wednesday 15 August 2007

Things

Woke up at six and couldn't get back to sleep. Many many people over the course of the last few weeks have asked me if I was nervous yet. Well for the first time I woke up this morning and I was. I just kept on thinking about all the things that could go wrong over the next eleven days. There so many variables and so many people involved that almost anything could happen. Pigs falling from the sky wouldn't surprise me now.
 
The basics of it, the fundamentals, are in place and have been for months now. I have the rings and the booked the person to turn them into a legally binding contract. Everything else is really just window dressing, as vital as they may seem to the process if we had only the two of us and two tramps we dragged in as witnesses we would still get married and that's the part that doesn't scare me at all.
 
Committing myself for life to the one person that means everything to me is a real no-brainer. With her I am more than the sum of my parts. With her I can actually achieve the potential of who I could be. 
 
 
*Bleugh*
 
Sorry, got a bit soppy there. But its the toing and froing of people and events and the ephemera that surrounds the wedding that worries me. Not the actual event itself.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Phil said...

You will be fine! Forget everyone else, for one day (at least) it's all about you two.

Remember - you already have the most important part nailed down. Marriages last a whole lot longer than weddings (unless you're Britney Spears), and they're much more fun!!!!

Can't wait to be there!

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...