Monday 16 July 2007

The doings of the Stag














Oh Yes.

Cardiff was indeed had by all.

Still drunk I think which might explain the previous two sentances.

(Photos on the flickr account on the left there.)

We were meant to get direct trains from Rhyl to Cardiff, which would have been lovely, however little did we know the journey would involve an hour and a half coach journey driven by Albert Steptoe.

Had a great time when we actually got to Cardiff though, went around a few of my favourite pubs; 'Prince of Wales, The Goat Major, The Yard'. Got great chips, twice. Drank some superb beer and some not-so-superb beer, Failed to go to a strip club danced like a loon, tried on a dalmation costume, talked codswallop with my friends and complete strangers, Got up after about four hours sleep and checked out Torchwood....urm I mean the Assembly buildings in the pouring rain, found a french cafe and got le plein petit déjeuner anglais, then a train ride home with no terrifying coach journeys with a man who has a blind spot for roundabouts.

Just to allay any fears I do still have my eyebrows and I wasn't handcuffed to a lampost, or sealed in bubblewrap, or arrested by the police. Cardiff has a great happy vibe about it which seems to be there even when the Rugby isn't on. Of Course I wouldn't go near the place when Cardiff city are playing at home but thats another football/rugby difference. Rugby fans have fun with rivalaries, some footballs fans use it as an excuse to beat the hell out of each other.

First time I came to Cardiff for rugby Scarlets beat Bath by a single point in a really tense semi final and an hour later we were in a bar disecting the game with Bath fans. If the same thing had happened in football I would be really nervy about having a chat with the opposition but rugby just sems to have more of a relaxed atmosphere.

I'm of course talking of union here, League is a great game but it definitely has more of a footie feel about it. Espically when you get local rivalries!

Hull

Anyways rambling a bit, got the day off so I'm going to chill out play some silly computer games. YAY!

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...