Wednesday 18 July 2007

On Friendship.


Something that my Stag do proved to me is that real friendship isn't forced. There are many people that I have had close working relationships with that I would have considered good friends. When that working relationship ends that relationship itself dies. Oh sure if you see them in the street you'll say hello but you won't feel that attachment as strongly. It's like something has changed and you can't communicate in the way you used to. The conversation is stilted, the topics are all about stuff you used to do together to try and get that flow back. But nothing works.
 
HOWEVER, the flip side of that is when you meet up with someone you haven't seen in a while and the sparks are still flying and you sink straight back into the relationship you had as if its been five minutes rather than a few years, that is something special and something to be treasured. There are only a few people I would say are real proper close close friends but a good handful of those were with me on the Stag Do and that meant the world to me.
 
Thanks guys.

1 comment:

C. said...

Fantastic weekend fella!

I'm only SLIGHTLY concerned that I haven't had to log in - and yet this site seems to know my name...

.... It's the rise of the machines I tell ya!!! Ruuuuuuun!

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...