Thursday 16 April 2009

America day 10

Started the day in memorable style with a ferry across the hudson river to Manhatten.

I Say 'ferry', I mean 'speedboat with a passenger deck'! This thing could shift and was the most maneorvurable thing I'd ever seen on water. It was a great wake up call first thing and I'd recommend it to anyone!

From there Em and I headed up to the very tip of the Island to the Medeavil collection of the Metropolitan musuem of art. Its a purpose built monastic building which holds some incredible pieces, Em absaloutly loved it.

We met up with the guys backdown town for lunch which was deeply dissapointing as I'd fancied a TGI Fridays which took more than an hour to serve us. I say more than an hour because we walked out after 60 mins of no-food. Well, all I can say is that if they keep going like that then no-one will eat there. It took Wendys less than a minute to give me a delicious burger at about a quarter of the cost.

Anyway, then we headed to the museum of sex which was actually really interesting but obivously I can't go into details here. It wasn't about erotica though it had a much more scholarly feel but still very tongue in cheek.

Anyways with a big drive to boston tomorrow we decided to call it a day and just nipped over to the mall for some food and an early night.

I left manhatten with this thought, eeryone in New York is a tourist, the only thing that differs is the length of our stay.

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...