Thursday 16 April 2009

America day 14

So, what do you think would be the last thing you'd want to do after a heavy night on the beer?

How about go on a brewery and tasting tour of one of your favourite ales? Which is precisely what I had to do.

Sam Adams is basically responsible for the re-birth of small american craft brewing . If you can find a bottle of their Boston Lager (Available in TGI Fridays in the UK) I solidly recommend giving it a go. They started in 1985 from an old brewing recipe in the owners attic from his great great granddaddy that was forced out of business during Prohibition.

Since then they've put the art back into Artisan brewing concentrating on good quality beers not mass produced ones.

I sound like the tour guide right?

Anyways the set up we visited was their orginal headquarters and testing plant which was great to see the tour guide knew her beers as well and it seemed like a very cosy family type set up.

After trying the ales the hair of the dog was making me yo-yo between feeling 'Top Dog' and 'Dogs Breakfast'.

We headed to Harvard to see the area which was student-y (Surprisingly!) and walked the streets for a bit in the lovely sunshine before I came home for a much needed nap.

Then we went out in the evening back to Pizza Uno which was again a very pleasant dining experience. We went through the mall for books for the trip home and I found that Chris Claremont who wrote most of my favourite comics books when I was growing up is coming here for a signing at 6PM when I shall be leaving on a jet plane. Darn it.

To cheer myself up I got ice cream at ben and Jerrys before coming back to hotel to pack.

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...