Monday 25 June 2007

Wedding redux


Ed and Kats wedding (Photos to the left) was simply lovely.


Ed arrived in a DeLorean done out like the time machine from 'Back to the future' to rapturous applause, mainly from me! Kat looked simply stunning as she walked down the aisle on her way to becoming Mrs Evers-Swindel. The service was brief but filled with lovely moments especially with the vicar giving a sermon on 'the force' and about 'The Power of Love' they signed the register to Leia's theme and walked out as husband and wife to the Triumphant procession from 'A New Hope'. It was all I could do to stop myself from growling, wookie style.

They left the church in a gorgeous old Jag, leaving my sister to catch a lift in the delorean to the wedding lunch, fulfilling a childhood dream of hers. The do was in a marquee in Kats parents field which has possibly the best view of the Flintshire countryside I think I've ever seen! Pimms was served and much chat and catching up with people I rarely get to see. Ross, Andrew, Ally are all really really good friends whom I simply don't see enough of due to geography. Damn Geography!

The lunch was really nice especially considering it was served from a tent in a field. I did consider asking them for the soup recipe but I thought that might be in bad taste.

The speeches were really good, Kats dads speech was really touching and Will managed to tickle a few funny bones by taking the mick out of me as well as the groom!

After lunch we decided to take a walk and wandered around the back roads until we ran out of champagne and then headed back to the night do, where Ed's band played really well surprising everyone when Kat not only sang three beautiful songs with them but then did a drum duet with Ed! And then it was cheesy disco dancing until the wee hours.

My favourite wedding I have ever attended. So far!

1 comment:

Sharrow said...

I'm sure if you actually existed rather than being a cheap marketing gimmick I might even click that link.

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...