Thursday 15 March 2007

Notes from


I like this chapter purely because it was the first one where I actually got the relationship I was trying to describe right. I was trying to mark that feeling of establishing a connection with someone some spark, some zip, that you feel when you meet someone of a similar mind.

It happens very rarely. It last happened to me about 3 years ago when I met my fiancee in the pub. We talked for nearly four hours without a pause or an uncomfortable silence. It was exactly was I had been looking for in the girls I had been unsuccessesfully dating. Untilthen I didn't know what was missing just that something was awry and nothing you can do can ever fake that spark of something special. Bewteen you and me I still get talking with her even now.

It can even be platonic sparkage, but for me the old guts and blood and love and lust sparkage still does it for me every time.

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...