Wednesday 28 March 2007

Walking


I'm trying to be a bit healthier, although if I hear the word 'diet' one more time I might scream.

EVERYONE at work is on some kind of weird diet. Eat a bowl of cereal instead of normal lunch, count up everything you eat in terms of points or sins, no carb, low carb, I can't belive its not carbs... ad infintum ad naseaum.

Not ONE of them just eats healthy and does a bit of excercise. They need quick fixes for a problem that can't be fixed quickly.

To quote Brian "My diet tip? PUT DOWN THE FORK!!!"

Sorry I'll reel myself back in from that particular tangent. I'm trying to be a bit more healthy so I decided to walk into town today which is about a twenty minute stroll. Fairly okay then a little walk a wander around the shops and a twenty minute walk back to work.

Four people from work stopped their cars and asked me if I wanted a lift. On the one hand, its nice to be asked and to know people are kind like that. On the other....why aren't they walking? Its close enough to leave plenty of time to do everything you need in town and be back to work reinvigorated. Then you won't have to eat fake cardboard subsitute for five days a week!

Oh well. I suppose I'm just a bit weird like that.

Work's not been fun recently, I'm really looking forward to chilling in Madrid next week. A bit of sun and san Miguel and all will be right with the world again!

One of the weird things I love to do when planing a trip is use maps to work out the best routes between things. I'm a bit of a map geek, I read the atlas even when I'm not full of Indian food.

I love the idea and romance of travel even though a lot of the actual travel is boredom I'm still on the lookout for random acts of oddness that make trips special.

Anyways the road winds ever on.


(Wii tennis pro update: 328 points and rising. Man! This stuff is hard on the arm!)

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...