Thursday 5 April 2007

Notes from...


I've just started reading Don Quixote and having that fresh in my mind its a bit of a surprise to come back to this story I wrote a few years ago to find Cervantes and I were thinking along the same lines.

I do belive its more important to be out there doing something than waiting around for something to do. Its a lesson that its taken about ten years of independance to sink in but I'm taking full advantage of it now.

My greatest fear is to be stuck doing the same things in ten years just because its more comfortable than opening yourself up to new experiences and the possibility of being hurt.

Anyway if you're interested the Gutenburg Project has the original Don Quixote for your perusal. You don'ts have to read it in the original spanish but the option is there.

However sometimes with Notes from the Road and self made fiction in general, when you read it back months or years later you find yourself physically wincing at bad sentences. If I could remove that final paragraph gentle reader I would, but it has to be an accurate reflection of what I wrote and was seemingly happy with at the time.

However juvenile it may now appear.




Bollocks.

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...