Sunday 22 April 2007

The noble art of distraction.


Right now Everything is interesting to me. Daytime TV, books I haven't picked up in years even DIY has caught my interest. Everything except this essay for my work qualification I'm working on.

Right now I'd rather watch the Jeremy Kyle show than put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard). It's this art of distraction than my brain plays on me every time I have to do something important. Boo.

It doesn't help that I've got the new series of Battlestar Galactica downstairs ready to watch on DVD. That's not the orginal space opera saga pudding from the eighties but the brand new Dark dark dark series about pain and loss. It charts the war between man and machine and how choices are always hard, there's no black and white, only shades of grime.

Galactica is a perfect example of how to take an old series and breath new life into it, theres no velvet romper suits or cute robot dogs in this one, although if there was a robot dog he'd have a dark back story and have to drink heavily to help him forget some past sin that's never been resolved in his mind. Like the day the stick chased him.

The Cylons are great in it as well. Instead of being blokes in tinfoil suits they're all computer animated and have this loping unhuman movement which makes you really uneasy before you even get started with the minigun in the forearm.

Damn it! Now my Blog's distracting me! Right that's it. Back to work.






Oooh shiny...



.

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...