Sunday 29 April 2007

Notes from....


It was odd to actually travel across America and actually see these places I written about two years before. Most of them were closed down but occasionaly you'd see a little store that maybe sold gas and it would just be a shack with nothing around it but desert for miles and miles. As you can imagine most of the stops are franchises now with the same level of plastic quality and dead eyed customer service you can get anywhere in the States but occasionally you would find a pearl.

I'm quite happy with the actual writing in this as well. I think the boy's a bit of a characture but as he has about two lines I think I can let that one go.

I had the idea of introducing all these weird characters together and having them traveling together like some kind of roaming circus/freakshow. When the list of essential characters passed fourteen it was time to scale it back. Although I have used some of those people in other things.

And one day the earth will tremble at the terrible tales of Jim Phrophet, Stoned Jones and Clearly Evil.

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...