Saturday 19 May 2007

Happy Birthday Bro!


Happy birthday to you,
I went to the Zoo,
I saw a big monkey,
and thought it was you.

'Trad. playground anonymous'


Its my Big Bros birthday today, which as usual either coincides with exams or the FA cup final. In fact I distinctly remember when his birthday was on the Saturday of the cup final and he invited all his friends to our house for the traditional jelly and ice cream (I think we were about 8-ish) and he had set the TV room up so that all the fans of the two different teams sat opposite each other in a parody of the terraces. I'm happy to report there was no violence maybe just a smidgen of banter and a modicum of singing!

Most of my parents stories about us kids growing up revolve around Jane or I getting into trouble or managing to do exactly the wrong thing for the right reasons. Their stories about Phil are different but not in a bad way.

He had and has the most strongly developed sense of right and wrong that I think I've ever encountered. Think Cyclops from the xmen or Sturm from Dragonlance. Definatly not the worst example for a young kid with tendancies towards stupidity to grow up with.

So happy birthday big bro, may there be many more.




(Normal non-sentimental service will be resumed shortly.)

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...