Friday 11 May 2007

Notes From...


I like the ideas in this one if the execution of those ideas falls below ideal tolerance levels.

I love the quest idea, the idea of being on the road for the express purpose of being on the road.

Weird stuff always happens when you travel even if at the time it seems really mundane. Strapping oneself into an aluminium tube to be flung across the globe is darn odd when you think about it. And the fact they try to supplant your deep-seated fear of bursting into flames at 30000 feet with a small bag of salted nuts is just surreal.

Driving cross country is the most romantic way to travel when the roads aren't clogged. I love driving on the small byways that are devoid of traffic and letting other vehicle pass by by pulling over and waiting until the road is empty again before continuing on. I'm a bit weird that way.


And the curse of the 'final sentence of shite' still rings true. Trying to round a piece off with a snippet or sound bite just makes it sound awful. Its only in recent fiction I've been able to finish fiction off in a reasonable way that doesn't cause me to physically gag when I read it back a week or a month later.

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...