Wednesday 2 May 2007

Sunny Day


Yet another gorgeous day here in Rhyl. A couple more like this and we'll actually be allowed to keep the tag 'Sunny' Rhyl. 'Scummy' Rhyl is more appropriate but I'll leave that for another day.

I keep getting these odd whiffs of random smells that are triggering off the old memory banks. One is the smell of the Bar I worked in when I lived in Liverpool. It's some particular type of cleaner they used to get the Stella/cocktail crap off the floors at the end of the night mixed in with old beer and cheap ciggies.

I was going to send you to the home page but it's a flash monstrosity that I think is best avoided.

Why I can smell that particular smell today is totally beyond me but it is a reminder of happy days making cocktails, flirting with the customers and staying afterhours for a few bevvies ourselves.

We stayed up one saturday to watch the late night boxing and I drank so much I woke up in Milton Keynes Train Station. Apparantly I'd got it into my head to see a girl I knew in Bath and no-one at the bar could stop me or rather could be bothered to.

Anyways lots of characters lots of fun and a fair amount of drinking, thats what a bar job should be about!

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...