Saturday 19 May 2007

...And we're back


Hooray!

sorry for the recent lack of updates. I've ben busy as a beaver who hasn't filed has tax return OR rebuilt that damn dam, with work and when that all calmed down thursday time blogger decided it would very kindly only publish the title and labels for posts and not the main body of the text.

My inane ramblings of the past few days are lost forever!

And yet, somehow, we will learn to cope.

Went to pick Em up from a works do in the pub late yesterday evening. Its not often I walk into a pub after half eleven totally sober. Its a scary place, I don't know how you teetotalers do it. The bouncer opened the door and let me in with a look of either pity or distain I couldn't work out which and I plunged into the sweaty throng. The smoke may have gone but the strench of old beer and wasted friday night dreams still hangs heavy in the air which was puntucated by glares and stares of all sorts in my direction.

As I walked around I was jostled and barged around which is normally fine after a pint or two but it felt really personal last night. I found Ems table and stood their for a while but you know when everyone else is on one sort of vibe, happy and joking and you're totally oposite I could feel I was bringing them down so I belive the journalistic phrase is 'I made my excuses and left.'

Its always surprising how much of a mood alterer alchol is especially making you much more social than you would be under normal circumstances.

Anyways busy day today with the FA cup barbeque today. Don't get me wrong I don't particularly care about football but burgers and beer I can get passionate about.

more later

No comments:

ORKNEY SEPT 2023   23/09/2023 When it comes to the best time to visit the remote Islands of Orkney off the north coast of Scotland, most peo...